Olivier Cinquin, Ph.D.
4203 McGaugh Hall
University of California Irvine
Irvine, CA 92697
Tel: (949) 257-2819
Fax: (949) 824-4709
Website: Lab Homepage
Systems biology of cell differentiation – We follow three complementary approaches to address the regulation of cell proliferation and differentiation. In a first approach, we start from a fecund, simple model organ whose regulation has been extensively characterized at the genetic and biochemical levels: the C. elegans germ line. We ask how the current knowledge of regulatory parts all fits together to explain organ-level behavior. We perform experiments that target organ-level behavior of the germ line, rather than individual genes in the regulatory network. Guided by these experiments, and building on knowledge generated by many labs over the past 30 years, we use mathematical and computational methods to analyze how the regulatory network accounts for organ-level control of cell proliferation and differentiation. Read the rest at cinquin.org.uk
- Chiang M., Cinquin A., Paz A., Meeds E., Price C.A., Welling M. & Cinquin O. (2015) Control of Caenorhabditis elegans germ-line stem-cell cycling speed meets requirements of design to minimize mutation accumulation. BMC Biology 13(1):51
- Meeds E., Chiang M., Lee M., Cinquin O., Lowengrub J. & Welling M. (2015) POPE: post optimization posterior evaluation of likelihood free models. BMC Bioinformatics 16:264.
- Reyes de Mochel N.S., Luong M., Chiang M., Javier A.L., Luu E., Toshihiko F., MacGregor G.R., Cinquin O., Cho, KWY. (2015). BMP signaling regulates both cell proliferation and ICM lineage commitment in preimplantation-stage mouse embryos. Dev Biol 397(1), pp45-55.
- Wong B.*, Paz A.*, Corrado M., Ramos B., Cinquin A., Cinquin O.† & Hui E.† (2013) Live imaging reveals active infiltration of mitotic zone by its stem cell niche. Integr Biol (Camb) 5(7), pp976-82
- Stringari C., Cinquin A., Cinquin O., Digman M.A., Donovan P.J. & Gratton E (2011). Phasor approach to fluorescence lifetime microscopy distinguishes different metabolic states of germ cells in a live tissue. P.N.A.S. 108(33), pp13582-87
- Cinquin O., Crittenden S.L., Morgan D. & Kimble J. (2010) Progression from a stem cell-like state to early differentiation in the C. elegans germ line P.N.A.S. 107(5), pp2048-53
- Cinquin O. (2009) Purpose and regulation of stem cells: a systems-biology view from the Caenorhabditis elegans germ line. J. Pathol. 217(2), pp186-98
- Cinquin O. (2007b) Understanding the somitogenesis clock: what’s missing? Mech. Dev. 124(7-8), pp501-517
- Albazerchi A., Cinquin O. & Stern C.D. (2007) A new method to transfect the hypoblast of the chick embryo reveals conservation of the regulation of an Otx2 enhancer between mouse and chick extraembryonic endoderm. BMC Dev. Biol. 7(25)
- Cinquin O. (2007a) Repressor dimerization in the zebrafish somitogenesis clock. PLoS Computational Biology 3(2), e32
- Cinquin O. & Page K.M. (2007) Generalized, switch-like competitive heterodimerization networks. Bull. Math. Biol. 69(2), pp483-494
Faculty Log In